It’s Friday, October 23 and here are a few education related headlines from this past week.
- The Orange County Board of Education approved the petition submitted by the Oxford Preparatory Academy, which appealed to open a charter school in Saddleback Valley Unified School District.
- The Ocean View School District has filed a lawsuit to resolve complaints against a waste management facility.
- The Los Alamitos Unified School District showcased its accomplishments at a State of the District breakfast, drawing more than 150 attendees.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released a report focusing on the physical and mental effects of early school start times.
- The Fullerton School District is transitioning from an at-large election system to a district-based system that will allow voters to choose board members from specific geographic areas.
- Parents of Dragon Kim, who while camping earlier this year, are starting a foundation in his name to provide music lessons to underserved students.